Tuesday, February 28, 2012

the serious and the not so serious

Got some quotes from the animated films...

photo credit: Isaac Mao
the serious:
 

"I know this sounds insane, but... Well, the truth sounds insane sometimes. But that doesn't mean it's not the truth." 
-- Linguini (Ratatouille)

"When you first become an artist, you’re like that rock. You’re in a raw, unnatural state, with hidden gems inside.  You need to dig down deep and find the emeralds tucked away inside you.  And that’s just the beginning. Once you’ve found your gems, you have to polish them. It takes a lot of hard work." 

-- Nishi (Whisper of the Heart)

"I'm such a big coward, all I do is hide. All of this magic is to keep everybody away. I can't stand how scared I am." 

-- Howl (Howl's Moving Castle)

 "With this hand I will lift your sorrows. Your cup will never be empty, for I will be your wine. With this candle, I will light your way into darkness. With this ring, I ask you to be mine." 

-- Victor (Corpse Bride)

"In the past, I have made no secret of my disdain for Chef Gusteau's famous motto: Anyone can cook. But I realize, only now do I truly understand what he meant. Not everyone can become a great artist, but a great artist can come from anywhere..." 

-- Anton Ego (Ratatouille)

"But no matter what you do, that seed will grow to be a peach tree. You may wish for an apple or an orange, but you will get a peach." 

-- Oogway (Kung Fu Panda)

"Nothing that happens is ever forgotten, even if you can't remember it." 

-- Zeniba (Spirited Away)


the not so serious:
 

Ginger: "Listen. We'll either die free chickens or we die trying."
Babs: "Are those the only choices?" 

(Chicken Run)

Mr. Incredible: "No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for... for ten minutes!"  

(The Incredibles)

[a dragon has a crush on Donkey]
Donkey: "I don't want to rush into a... physical relationship... I'm not that emotionally ready for a... uh... commitment of this... uh... magnitude! Really, that's the word I'm looking for, magnitude... Huh! Hey, that is unwanted physical contact! Hey! What're you doing? Okay, okay, okay... let's just back up a little and take this one step at a time... I mean, we should really get to know each other first, you know, as friends or maybe even as pen pals, you know, coz I'm on the road a lot, but I just love to get a card... Hey, hey, hey, don't do that, that's my TAIL, that's my personal tail, you gonna tear it off! I don't give permission to... Hey, what're you gonna do with that? Oh, no, no, no, no... no!" 

(Shrek)

photo credit: Damien du Toit
Pumbaa: "Hey, Timon, ever wonder what those sparkly dots are up there?"
Timon: "Pumbaa, I don't wonder; I know."
Pumbaa: "Oh. What are they?"
Timon: "They're fireflies. Fireflies that, uh... got stuck up on that big bluish-black thing."
Pumbaa: "Oh, gee. I always thought they were balls of gas burning billions of miles away."
Timon: "Pumbaa, with you, everything's gas."

 (The Lion King)